Many aspirants doubt is it possible to clear UPSC CSE prelims in 4 months. The answer is a resounding YES. People have done it before and you can do it too! You just need to develop a plan and work very hard. Remember, nothing is impossible!
Prepare for UPSC Prelims in 4 months:
Just follow the measures provided here:-
- Understand the UPSC CSE Exam Pattern
Initially be aware of the UPSC exam pattern. There are three stages:
- UPSC Preliminary stage
- UPSC Mains stage
- Personality Test
You have to clear the prelims exam to qualify to take the IAS Mains exam.
The Preliminary stage comprises of two papers – General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper-II (which is generally known as the CSAT)
There are three types of objective questions in the UPSC Prelims. They are:
- – single response correct
- – many responses correct
- – match the following
- Understand the UPSC CSE Prelims Syllabus
UPSC CSE Syllabus for GS Paper I:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Economic, Social Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Public Policy, Rights Issues, Panchayati Raj, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Inclusion, Demographics, Poverty, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology and Climate Change – that do not need subject specialization General Science.
UPSC CSE Syllabus for CSAT:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Basic numeracy & Data Interpretation
- General mental ability
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers
It is extremely vital that you go through the previous year’s UPSC question papers so that even with the time crisis, you will get a fair notion of the kind of questions asked by the UPSC. Also, remember that the USPC doesn’t repeat questions. This will assist you to prioritize your studies.
- Examine Yourself
Always evaluate yourself through mock tests. This is particularly important for the prelims because you have negative marks. In the case of MCQs, it is essential for one to determine your answer writing in order to be able to finish off the papers. There are two key factors here:
- You must finish your paper.
- You must be cautious while choosing an option as the answer since you will be penalized for wrong answers.
- Here is where mock tests can help. Mock test helps you in the following ways:
- You will come to know accurately how much time you can give on a question.
- You can discover the art of intelligent guessing.
- Following mock tests will surely improve your speed of answering the papers.
Definitely, you will be conscious of your own strengths and flaws. You will come to know what topics you need more focus, etc.
Test yourself with IAS EASY Prelims Test Series and increase your possibilities of clearing the UPSC Prelims 2020.