NTR Vidyonnathi: NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme is also referred to as the YSR Vidyonnathi scheme. This is a scholarship that was started for the first time in 2015 and is offered by the government of Andhra Pradesh, specifically by the Kapu Welfare and development corporation. This corporation provides financial aid to students from communities like SC/ST/ Backward Classes (BC)/ Kapu/ minorities and economically backward classes.
NTR Vidyonnathi scheme is specifically aimed to help students who come from financially weak backgrounds, to help in their UPSC exam preparation. So, this scholarship is aimed to encourage the students to appear for the civil service exams. The deadline for applying to the scholarship this year (2020) is set as June 10th, and the financial aid offered to students who are selected for this scholarship is INR 1,50,000.
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme 2020 – Apply Online!
Eligibility Criteria for NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme:
Candidates can avail of this scholarship to receive financial aid to help them prepare for the UPSC exams.
The list of eligibility conditions are specified below:
- Candidates whose domicile/ permanent place of residence in Andhra Pradesh can only apply.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream. (Minimum qualification)
- Candidates in their final year of graduation/ appearing for final year exams can also apply.
- Candidates must belong to SC/ST/ Backward Classes (BC)/ Kapu/ minorities/ economically backward classes/ Brahmin communities only.
- An annual income of the family should be less than INR 6,00,000
- Candidates must specifically fall into the age group that goes in accordance with the UPSC rules and regulations.
- Apart from the UPSC guidelines on age criteria, candidates should also fulfill the upper age limit that would be specified in the gazette notification under the Vidyonnathi scheme as well.
- Candidates who apply for this scholarship should not be receiving any kind of financial aid/grants from any other government scholarships/schemes.
- Candidates who were previously designated student scholars and received the financial aid under this scholarship scheme at an earlier time period are ineligible to apply for the current tenure of application.
Application Process for NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme:
Students have to make an online application only and they can follow these guidelines to apply:
- Visit the homepage of the NTR Vidyonnathi scholarship scheme.
- Click on the tab that says– “ ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.”
- Enter all compulsory details and other important details as required.
- Check if all the data entered is correct in the form.
- After entering the information, upload the relevant documents to support your application form.
- Validate the information as data once submitted can’t be changed at a later time.
- After verification, click on the SUBMIT button.
- After form submission, save the submitted application as pdf copy/ take a print copy for future references.
There will be a screening process for all the candidates who apply for the scholarship and those shortlisted, would be eligible for receiving grants from this scheme.
The step by step selection process is explained below:
- As the first step, there will be a competitive entrance examination conducted by the respective authorities.
- All the candidates who have satisfied the eligibility criteria and suitably applied for this scholarship shall be notified of the exam.
- The screening process will filter out the candidates who have scored low scores in the exam and further push candidates with meritorious/higher scores towards gaining the scholarship.
- The scores and shortlisting are dependent on various reservation criteria as laid down under the government stipulations.
- The final list of shortlisted candidates shall be made available on the official portal.
- Candidates are requested to visit the official website to view their results.
- After the selection process, candidates would be allotted to suitable coaching centers. This is done entirely at the discretion of the AP state government.
All compulsory information entered in the application form will be verified by the authorities. Important information should be supported by documents and that it is validated for further processes.
The supporting documents to be submitted along with the application form are:
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Degree mark sheets/ mark sheets for proof of clearing qualifying exam
- Passport size photo ( to be scanned and uploaded only in the relevant specification and size)
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Bank passbook copy (first-page indicating bank account number and branch IFSC code)
- Physical disability certificate ( for Physically disabled candidates)
[Candidates are hereby advised to scan the documents and upload them in the relevant size specifications, as mentioned by the official rules.]
Rewards and Benefits:
The rewards and benefits received by the selected candidates under this scholarship are listed below:
- The financial aid for obtaining primary resources for UPSC preparation, e.g. Books and stationary, shall be provided.
- Allowance for students’ boarding and lodging facilities shall be provided.
- Financial grant of 1, 50,000. This amount shall be credited directly into the candidate’s bank account. This would suffice the amount needed for a candidate’s 1-year requirement for preparation into prelims/mains.
- INR 10,000 as part of books, stationery, lodging allowance.
- INR 2,000 travel allowance to the allocated coaching center. [One-time allowance only]
- If candidates are selected for any coaching center in the region of Delhi, candidates can find suitable accommodation in the AP Bhavan located in Delhi. The accommodation is subjected to nominal payment of fees by the candidate.