IBPS PO Exam 2020 Recruitment: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS is the institute that conducts IBPS PO Exam every year and this bank exam is the gateway to secure the sought after banking jobs. Every year thousands of candidates enroll for the exam and only a few fortunate cracks the exam to secure a banking job. IBPS PO exam is conducted mainly to shortlist the candidates for the jobs of Management Trainee or Probationary Officer in different public sector banks of India.
The exam patterns involve a preliminary and main exam and interview round at last. IBPS PO Exam for 2020 is scheduled for November 28, 2020, and candidates with bachelor’s degrees are eligible to appear for this banking recruitment examination.
IBPS PO Exam 2020 Recruitment, Notification, Dates & Syllabus
IBPS PO Exam 2020 Facts
- The application form will be made available from 7th August 2020
- The application fee is set for Rs. 600 INR for General, OBC and EWS category, while for ST/SC and PwD the fee is only Rs. 100 INR
- The prelim exam will be one hour long with 100 MCQs of 1 marks each
- Negative marking will be of 0.25 marks
- Syllabus for prelims exam include English language, reasoning ability, and quantitative aptitude
- Candidates need to clear sectional and overall IBPS PO cut-offs to be eligible for the exam
- Eligible candidates need to appear for prelims exam followed by interview round
- Merit list will be based on the performance of the candidate in the interview and main exam
IBPS PO Exam 2020 Recruitment Eligible Criteria
All candidates who are having a bachelor’s degree are considered eligible for the IBPS PO exam. It is necessary that candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criteria set by IBPS prior to registering for the exam. Below are the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO exam
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Candidate must have at least a graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline
- For the general category, the age limit must not be more than 20 years and it should be less than 30 years
- There is age relaxation for ST/SC category which is 5 years, for OBC non-creamy layer 3 years and PwD category has age relaxation of 10 years
IBPS PO Extra Pattern
- Prelims Exam – The prelims are conducted online mode and one mark is given to each right answer with negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. There will be section-wise paper
- Main Exam – The main exam in IBPS PO includes descriptive and objective paper. The descriptive paper will only be considered when your objective paper qualifies.
- Interview Round – Candidates who have secured a minimum qualifying score in Mains will be eligible for the further interview round. It is conducted by different participating companies associated with IBPS.
IBPS PO Syllabus
The syllabus of the IBPS PO Exam 2020 coves almost all popular subject areas where the quantitative aptitude and English are the elementary level and the data interpretation, reasoning, and general awareness are the competitive exam level. You may refer to the website of IBPS PO for further information regarding the syllabus of the IBPS PO 2020 exam.
IBPS PO Registration
Visit the website of IBPS and register as a new candidate by entering your email ID and mobile number and other basic details. You will get a provision registration number along with a password that you need to use for future reference and to upload documents and get the admit card of the prelims exam.